The Pittsburgh Parking Authority owns, operates and manages ten of its eleven garages currently, as listed below:
DOWNTOWN PITTSBURGH GARAGE LOCATIONS:
Ninth & Penn Avenue-Fort Duquesne & Sixth Street-Smithfield/Liberty Avenue-Mellon SquareWood Allies-Oliver Avenue-First Avenue Garage and Transit Station-Grant Street Transportation Center
OAKLAND LOCATION: Forbes Semple Garage-located off Forbes Avenue on Meyran Avenue
SHADYSIDE LOCATION: Shadyside Garage-located on Bellefonte Street
Please Note: The only Authority owned downtown garage not managed by the Authority is theThird/Fourth Avenue Garage- (also the location of the Pittsburgh Parking Court operations).
This garage is operated pursuant to a management agreement with a private entity. Using a Request for Proposal (RFP) process-an award is made through a contract bidding process.
- Pursuant to the agreement, each manager is responsible for the operation of the garage managed by it other than the establishment of the rates, hours of operation and major repairs.
- The operations expenses and the general maintenance of the garage including payments to employees, utilities, insurance, and repairs are reimbursed to each manager by the Authority.
- Each manager is required, with exception of certain recurring charges such as utilities, to obtain prior authorization from the Authority for any expense item in excess of a fixed amount set by the Authority.
- Each manager indemnifies and holds the Authority harmless from and against any and all loss, damage and liability for any and all claims for damages on account of or by reason for bodily injury, including death, which may be sustained or claimed to be sustained by any person , including employees of such manager.
- Each manager indemnifies and holds the Authority harmless from and against any and all damages to property, including property of the Authority caused by or arising out of or claimed to have been caused by or have arisen out of any act or omission to act on the part of the Authority, each manager or employees in connection with and arising out of the operation of the facility managed by it or the performance of the services to be rendered by such a manager, whether or not occasioned by the negligence of the Authority, such manager, its agents or employees.
- Each manager is also responsible for securing all permits or licenses required to operate the garage as a parking facility, and has covenanted to comply with all laws and regulations of all governmental bodies, federal, state and local where applicable.