The Duties, Responsibilities, and Functions of our Parking Enforcement Officers are:
- to provide quality, courteous customer service
- to protect the rights of the parking public who abide by local and state parking ordinances and laws
- to assist in providing available parking to residents and merchants
- to ensure that the parking public receives a fair and equitable share of available spaces.
- to be customer friendly and promote the proper flow of traffic throughout the streets of the City of Pittsburgh.
As a representative of the Authority and the City of Pittsburgh, officers will perform their important duties and responsibilities in a professional manner at all times and to the highest standard possible.
View the Parking Enforcement's Frequently Asked Questions.
For your convenience, here is a link to the Pittsburgh City Code ordinance on general parking regulations (Article VII: Parking)
Public Parking Authority of Pittsburgh - State & Local List of Infractions
Please be advised that the information provided below is for your convenience only. Note that this does not cover any “Citations” issued by the City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Police. While they may be the same, their fee structure may vary. The Bureau of Police issues "Citations"; the Pittsburgh Parking Authority issues "Tickets".
Also note that there can be a change from time to time in the fees attached to State of Pennsylvania vehicle code violations, which may not be reflected in the information provided below. We will be diligent in our efforts to keep this information as current as possible.
State and Local List of Infractions (updated 1/1/2015)
In order to better serve you and answer any questions you may have regarding City of Pittsburgh Traffic Ordinances - please click on this link and review the information therein.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a parking variance for the Residential Permit Parking areas.
Please include in your email when requesting a variance:
- Phone Number
- Reason for the request
- License plate number (including state if it is not Pennsylvania)
- Length of time (maximum 2 weeks)
Pay-by-License Plate Multi-Space Meter Instructional Video
- City of Pittsburgh Traffic Ordinances
In order to better serve you and answer any questions you may have regarding City of Pittsburgh Traffic Ordinances - please click on this link and review the information therein. Thank you!
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Frequently Asked Questions - Pay by License Plate Meters
- Cale Instructional Brochure (updated 5/29/2013)
- Video from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette of Meter Unveiling
- PPA Press Release (ribbon-cutting) 7-26-12
- Cale Press Release 7-13-12
- Cale Press Release 6-6-12
- City Wide Meter Locator
ENFORCEMENT HOURS FOR CITY ON-STREET METERS AND OFF-STREET METERED AUTHORITY LOTS:
A. On-Street City Meters are Enforced Monday-Saturday from 8:00AM-6:00PM
B. Off-Street Authority Metered Lots are Enforced Monday-Saturday from 8:00AM-10:00PM
METER SERVICES is responsible for the maintenance, installation, removal, repair and collection of multi-space parking meters located throughout the City of Pittsburgh. There are approximately 9,391 metered spaces located on-street and in PPA neighborhood metered lots.
Technicians from the METER SERVICES department inspect meters on a daily basis. Response time to repair a reported malfunctioning meter is usually within 24 hours. The number to call with information on a broken or malfunctioning meter is 412-560-2531.
On-street meters and lot meters duration, rate and time may vary according to the time demanded at each location. Meter durations range from 15 minutes up to 10 hours depending on parking needs. Rates also vary and are predetermined according to parking studies performed before installation of any meters.
For questions regarding the placement of signs, call the City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Transportation and Engineering at 412-255-8850.